From 2012 Wiki
An essay by the Eschaton
...the story of the universe is that information, which I call novelty, is struggling to free itself from habit, which I call entropy... and that this process... is accelerating... It seems as if... the whole cosmos wants to change into information... All points want to become connected... The path of complexity to its goals is through connecting things together... You can imagine that there is an ultimate end-state of that process—it's the moment when every point in the universe is connected to every other point in the universe.
- —McKenna, Terence ♦ In the Valley of Novelty part 3, summer of 1998
The imagination is a dimension of nonlocal information.
- —McKenna, Terence ♦ A Few Conclusions about Life 1996
Novelty is density of connection.
- —Terence McKenna at St. John the Divine's Cathedral 25 April 1996
The human neocortex is the most densely ramified and complexified structure in the known universe.
- —McKenna, Terence ♦ Alien Dreamtime 26–27 February 1993
What is happening to our world is ingression of novelty toward what Whitehead called "concrescence", a tightening gyre. Everything is flowing together. The "autopoietic lapis", the alchemical stone at the end of time, coalesces when everything flows together. When the laws of physics are obviated, the universe disappears, and what is left is the tightly bound plenum, the monad, able to express itself for itself, rather than only able to cast a shadow into physis as its reflection. I come very close here to classical millenarian and apocalyptic thought in my view of the rate at which change is accelerating. From the way the gyre is tightening, I predict that the concrescence will occur soon—around 2012 AD. It will be the entry of our species into hyperspace, but it will appear to be the end of physical laws accompanied by the release of the mind into the imagination.
- —McKenna, Terence ♦ New Maps of Hyperspace 1989
The hypothesis of Inflation was proposed in the 1970s in order to escape the density, smoothness and horizon problems of GR cosmology; and led to the present ΛCDM model. This model suggests that the false vacuum energy on which Inflation depended has not entirely disappeared but continues as a remnant to constitute a significant cosmological component called dark energy. The existence of such a false vacuum energy is consistent with cosmic acceleration; nevertheless, it is difficult to explain why it seems to have been fine-tuned to at least one part in 10102. In addition, the standard paradigm requires the existence of non-baryonic cold dark matter, together with dark energy and Inflation, all of which depend on physics as yet undiscovered by laboratory science even after twenty years of intensive research. Inexplicably, the densities of these "dark" entities are not only approximately equal to each other but also roughly equal to the baryon density. Whereas it is always possible to explain such improbable coincidences by appealing to the anthropic principle, the explanatory power of a theory, such as Inflation, is questionable if it can only account for an original coincidence by the introduction of several new ones.
- —Reimer, Albert (ed.) ♦ New Developments in Quantum Cosmology Research Nova Publishers, 2005, p. 156
The most important property of dark energy is its negative pressure—suction:
The peculiar properties of the false vacuum stem from its pressure, which is large and negative (see box on the right). Mechanically such a negative pressure corresponds to a suction, which does not sound like something that would drive the Universe into a period of rapid expansion.
- —The Inflationary Universe Beam Line, fall 1997, p. 18♦
We have previously imagined space flowing into a nonrotating black hole, creating an event horizon at the Schwarzschild surface where space flows inward at the speed of light. We must now imagine that space also rotates like a whirlpool as it flows inward into a rotating black hole. Particles caught in the whirlpool are carried around as they fall inward.
- —Harrison, Edward ♦ Cosmology Cambridge University Press, 2000, p. 255
Could the Universe be shaped like a medieval horn? It may sound like a surrealist's dream, but according to Frank Steiner at the University of Ulm in Germany, recent observations hint that the cosmos is stretched out into a long funnel, with a narrow tube at one end flaring out into a bell. It would also mean that space is finite.
- —Battersby, Stephen ♦ Big Bang glow hints at funnel-shaped Universe New Scientist, 15 April 2004
According to the standard view, dark energy will lead the universe into an eternal accelerating expansion. Every bit of matter will eventually lose contact with every other bit. "It all just seemed unbelievably boring to me," Penrose says. Then he found something interesting within it: at the very end of the universe, the only remaining particles will be massless. That means everything that exists will travel at the speed of light, making the flow of time meaningless. After a few mathematical manipulations of infinity, out popped a never-ending universe, where new big bangs are the inevitable result of a universe's demise. In Penrose's theory, one cosmos leads to another. "I used to call it a crazy scheme, but I'm starting to believe it now," he says.
- —Brooks, Michael ♦ Roger Penrose: Non-stop cosmos, non-stop career New Scientist, 10 March 2010
In the light-speed universe, any destination will be immediately accessible:
The above graph shows the journey times [from Earth to Proxima Centauri] for the twenty runs from the ship viewpoint. Notice that as speeds approach the speed of light, the journey times reduce dramatically, even though the actual increments in speed appear slight. On the 20th run, at 1048575/1048576 of the speed of light, the distance shrinks to 0.0059 light years and the ship and occupants experience a journey time of 2.15 days. Whereas to those on Earth the ship looks almost "frozen" and the journey still takes 4.27 years, plus a couple of days. For the ship, both transit time and distance drop toward zero as his speed approaches the speed of light. To those at "rest" on Earth, the ship's existence appears to "slow" towards stasis near the speed of light. ... This feature of relativity, wherein an observer's relationship to another location can be dramatically altered by acceleration is often not apparent in a geometrical representation. Nevertheless it is a "standard" feature of relativity. Under sufficient acceleration, a remote location can become almost immediately present, no matter how far away it seems to be at the moment. ... If we extend the traveller's experience to that of light, then it appears that photons experience no space or time. Relativistic space-time geometry appears to concur, events that can be connected by a light ray occur with "zero" space-time separation regardless of their physical separation in space. In effect, it would seem that light occupies a time-space no-man’s land in which photons individually experience no space and no time during their transfer from the source to the destination. If relativity holds, then a photon appears to go from one present to another without experiencing space or time. It just "is", without time or space, very like a "time capsule" of energy frozen in stasis that only "comes alive" when it interacts.
- —Murphy, John ♦ On the Structure of Time: Some Features of Relativity 2002
The surface of a black hole, where space in effect falls inward at the speed of light, is known as the event horizon. ... Inside the horizon space flows inward faster than the speed of light, and outward-moving signals traveling through space at the speed of light are dragged inward and cannot reach the horizon.
- —Harrison, Edward ♦ Cosmology Cambridge University Press, 2000, p. 252
An astrological year begins at the moment of the vernal equinox, when the Sun enters the sign of Aries. The planetary positions at the beginning of a year determine the character of the entire year. The astrological year of 2015 AD begins at 22:46 GMT of 20 March 2015 AD. 13 hours earlier, at 09:46:46 GMT of 20 March 2015 AD, there is a total solar eclipse—a symbol of the Mystical Marriage and of the end of the world. A total solar eclipse, preceding the beginning of an astrological year by less than 48 hours, has not happened since at least 1943 AD.
The orbital periods of Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are proportioned as 1 : 2 : 3. Therefore, Pluto is the synthesis of Uranus and Neptune (1 + 2 = 3).
In the Pluto–Charon dual planet, Neptune (the proton) is represented by Pluto, while Uranus (the electron) is represented by Charon. The Pluto–Charon dual planet is a semi-finished neutron. Having become translationally accelerated sufficiently close to the speed of light, the Pluto–Charon dual planet will form a neutron by descending to a lower potential energy and a higher actual energy:
... the proton/neutron can be considered as unexcited/excited states of a two-level quantum mechanical system ...
- —Matsas, George E. A. ♦ Elementary particles under the lens of the black holes Braz. J. Phys., v. 34, March 2004
In 2015 AD, Pluto is in Capricorn, which is the sign of the minimum potential energy—during solar months of Capricorn, the Earth is in perihelion and has the minimum potential energy.
The Large Hadron Collider begins its full-power operation in March 2015 AD (a year of the Goat) and is situated in the land of goats:
The Alpine goat was developed in the French Alps near Switzerland. It is not known how many breeds of milk goats there are in the world. It is claimed that there are 16 breeds in Switzerland alone.
- —Lawson, James Gilchrist ♦ Farm Animals: Photographs and Descriptions of 100 Important Farm Animals ♦ Rand, McNally, 1935, p. 25
 Sabbatic Goat
Through the incarnation, God descended into nature in order to super-animate and take it back to him.
- —Chardin, Pierre Teilhard de ♦ Mysticism of Science 1939
1) the seventh day of the week, Saturday, devoted to worship and rest from work in Judaism and in certain Christian Churches
2) Sunday, observed by Christians as the day of worship and rest from work in commemoration of Christ's Resurrection
3) (not capital) a period of rest
4) (Also called: sabbat, witches' Sabbath) a midnight meeting or secret rendezvous for practitioners of witchcraft, sorcery, or devil worship
Etymology: Old English sabbat, from Latin sabbatum, from Greek sabbaton, from Hebrew shabbāth, from shābath to rest
- —Sabbath Collins English Dictionary
- ↑ Thinking Inside the Box The University of Chicago Magazine, 2002
- ↑ Grøn, Øyvind; Hervik, Sigbjørn ♦ Einstein's General Theory of Relativity with Modern Applications in Cosmology Springer, 2007, pp. 201, 203
- ↑ Wiltshire, David L. ♦ Gravitational energy as dark energy: cosmic structure and apparent acceleration 10 February 2011, p. 2 ♦ "The basic idea, outlined in a nontechnical manner in ref. , is that as inhomogeneities grow one must consider not only their backreaction on average cosmic evolution, but also the variance in the geometry as it affects the calibration of clocks and rulers of ideal observers. Dark energy is then effectively realised as a misidentification of gravitational energy gradients."
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Brewster, David; Newton, Isaac ♦ Memoirs of the Life, Writings and Discoveries of Sir Isaac Newton v. 1, Constable, 1855, p. 452 (a 1686 letter to Halley, expressing the same idea) ♦ "Now if this spirit descend from above with uniform velocity, its density, and consequently its force, will be reciprocally proportional to the square of its distance from the centre. But if it descend with accelerated motion, its density will every where diminish as much as its velocity increases"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Gillette, Gregory ♦ Isaac Newton's Philosophy of Sacred Space and Sacred Time Edwin Mellen Press, 2007, p. 76 ♦ "In fact, spirit must act on matter within space (and also we must add within time). And Newton's World Spirit (mentioned in his letter to Boyle as well as in the General Scholium to Book III of the Principia), while perhaps having more 'material' features than Henry More's Hylarchic Principle, evidently shares this intimate relationship to space. Although Newton's thinking is more physically disciplined and careful than Henry More's, his picture of the world, as we find it by combining our readings of the General Scholium and the de Gravitatione, contains nearly the same plenitude of spirit, operating constantly not only at the fringe of things, or in isolated spots, but literally everywhere and perpetually."
- ↑ Coyne, D. G. ♦ A Scenario for Strong Gravity without Extra Dimensions 2006, pp. 29–31
- ↑ Seckbach, Joseph (ed.); Rubin, Eitan (ed.) ♦ The New Avenues in Bioinformatics Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2004, p. 35 ♦ "Concerning neural networks, the human brain is the most complex of all—as a matter of fact, it is the most complex and most organized system in the Universe as we know it."
- ↑ Chown, Marcus ♦ Is Earth at the heart of a giant cosmic void? New Scientist, 12 November 2008
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 βαφή, βάπτω An Intermediate Greek-English Lexicon
- ↑ Martin, Dale B. ♦ Sex and the Single Savior Presbyterian Publishing, 2006, pp. 44–45
 External links
- Terence McKenna's interview Hawaii, October 1998